Images of Pease Pottage
The first batch of these photographs was mostly taken in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and includes a few images of the damage caused by the great storm of October 1987. There is also a selection of images of Pease Pottage in the big freeze of January 2010, as well as images of the construction of the monster housing estate on the site of the car boot sale, which began in 2019.
Click on a thumbnail image to start a slideshow. You can move between images by clicking ‘previous’ or ‘next’ on the image, or by pressing ‘P’ or ‘N’, or by using the left and right arrow keys.
Pease Pottage, Wednesday 6 January 2010
Woodgate Housing Estate, 2019 Onwards
Using These Images
All the images in this gallery are made available under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike licence, which means that you may use these images for any purpose, whether personal or commercial, provided you:
- attribute the images by including a link to this website;
- share in the same way by applying a similar licence to any works based on these images.
The full legal code of the licence is available at the Creative Commons website.
Slide Show Software
Other Photographs of Pease Pottage
- The Francis Frith website contains 10 photographs taken in the 1950s: nine of Woodhurst and one of Tilgate Forest Row.
- Your Local Web contains some more recent pictures of the village.
- Handcross Over the Years, a book by the late Roger Ray, includes many old photographs of Pease Pottage and the surrounding villages. The book was published in 1991, presumably by the author since no publisher is mentioned. Its ISBN is 0 9518697 0 1.
- Barry Ray, son of Roger, has established the Slaugham Archives website, which contains a large number of photographs of Pease Pottage over the last century or more. Well worth a visit!